SDSU students have access to a variety of electronic accounts and resources - many of which they will access daily.
They are often the primary gateways to important academic information and communication from the university, professors
and advisors. We recommend that you activate and familiarize yourself with these accounts prior to registering for
classes through SDSU. Be sure to track your login information and keep it in a safe and accessible spot for future reference.
If you are coming to Orientation, you are encouraged to bring your account credentials (logins, usernames, and passwords)
with you. That way you'll already be one step ahead when you get here.
Get SDSU Connected
Step 1: Set up your Account
- Visit loginhelp.sdstate.edu
- Enter your Email address and Student ID number in the appropriate fields. Click proceed. Not sure what your Jacks Email is? Check the
Jacks Email Account page.
- An email will be sent to your personal email.
- Check your email and click on the link to reset password.
- Enter your Email and create a password that is 8-16 characters. It must include at least one number. Click Reset Password.
- Remember your email and password for use with other sites listed below.
Step 2: Setup DUO
- DUO is the multi-factor authentication service SDSU provides to keep your account safe.
- Visit the DUO area for instruction guides, tutorials, FAQs, etc.
Step 3: Login to Email
- Visit jacksemail.sdstate.edu.
- Log in using your Email address.
- Your password is the same one you set up in Step 1.
- Download Office 365 Applications. Visit the
Office 365 TDX article
for detailed instructions and more information.
Step 4: Login To Mystate
- Visit MyState
- Click on "Sign In" in the top right corner.
- Use your student email.
- Log in into MyState.
- Once you have logged into MyState…
- New Student Orientation
- Registration Self Service
- D2L Note: You can access D2L after you have registered for classes.
Step 5: Login into Self Service
Sign in with your Jacks email to access each of these areas
If you are having trouble setting up any of your SDSU accounts, you can contact the Support Desk for help.
Submit a Ticket
Phone: (605) 688-6776
Summer Hours: M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
Spring/Fall Hours: M-Th 8:00am - 6:00pm
F 8:00am - 5:00pm